November 13, 2010

My new worldly contentment...and a lot in between

As much as I would hate to say that I could find any contentment in this sinful world, because finding contentment here would mean losing need for my savior...I have found within the last few months something that brings great joy to my earthly needs. When I say that I mean...It has become a huge stress relief for me...
 Nick the Nikon! I really love pictures and five years ago when I started college I wish I would have known how much joy I find in capturing images, and editing them. I have discovered that the more I sit down in front of a computer editing the pictures I have taken, the more at peace I am. I find joy in seeing something and finding a really cool photo opportunity out of it. And everyone in my life pretty much knows that I am an obsessive picture taker. I like to capture memories on digital film...and would love even more to capture memories on regular film and learn how to work in a black room...maybe a new goal? =) Photo credits above go to Lauren Ward and her Canon Rebel =)

Now onto things in between. I guess my last blog was probably pretty depressing...and for that I apologize. This week was insanely busy to say the least. I had a paper due Wednesday that believe it or not I had not procrastinated on...since I got the paper I have been doing research, but I hadn't actually put it all together so Monday and Tuesday were spent putting all my research together, organizing it, and completing my paper before Wednesday morning. Needless to say it was a lot of time spent in front of a computer screen. 
I did, however, enjoy what I learned from my research. 
Needless to say, however, there have still been some major frustrations in my life that I'm really having to take to the Lord. He is the only one who can handle these things, and the big thing is how I react to them. Right now it's taking a lot of patience not to react. 
Ryann and I decided this week that we are going to work out at the gym, and hold each other accountable to a lot of things---we are now reading the bible together. We started James Wednesday and will start Hosea Monday. It's been a joy already to study the bible and talk with each other about the things the Lord's teaching us. 
Thursday I decided after spending the majority of the day not doing anything productive to go see one of my greatest friends and her husband in Raleigh. Suzanne. She is a wonderful person God placed into my life and I only wish I could be as wonderful back. She has a huge heart and she knows when I'm stressed...and it was well needed to spend some time with her. 
Last night we had a girls night with CCF and talked about the lies the Media seems to plant into our heads not just as women but as women of the Lord. It was a good night of fellowship and fun.
Today I was able to spend time with friends at Town Commons. Three people from CCF Wilmington came down and we had a picnic. It was fun. That also included Josh Pake, Rachel, Rebecca, and Lauren Ward. 
Now...I have procrastinated on a paper due Monday.
However...God is good...all the time...and all the time...God is good. 
Despite frustrations that are out of my hands...God is GREAT

No comments: