September 14, 2010

Be Merciful Just as your Father is Merciful

As I had coffee with my best friend this morning I asked Him to show me something to take away the bitterness. I sighed and opened my Bible to Luke 6 where I left off yesterday, and I got to the part about loving your enemies.
Cool, I suppose. We should love our enemies. A lot of the time we don't, and so I kept reading.
It got to the part about how we love those who love us because it's easy. Even the 'sinners' do that...and then it got down to the loving your enemies again.
*Ding Ding Ding*...Why thank you Jesus, that IS the verse I needed to read today! I literally have gotten to a point of almost hating ECU with every fiber in my body. I have been EXPECTING them to give be something because THEY screwed up. Well, yes, they did. And partly so did I by not passing my class the first time. And partly If I cared enough maybe I would have kept asking if my grade was replaced two years ago. And maybe I am still upset with them, but I am here regardless. And I need to show mercy the way my father shows me mercy. I am a dirty sinner who is trying to prepare for the wedding day with her Lord. He keeps cleansing me when I don't deserve it. He loves me beyond words...so maybe I SHOULD give ECU a little more credit than they 'deserve'.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Can I just say, Yes! ? May we all walk in that truth! I miss you but am so happy to hear that you are doing well!