September 27, 2010

Tell the WORLD that Jesus Lives!!

"And all I want in this lifetime is You 
And all I want in this whole world is you, is you

Tell the world that Jesus lives 
Tell the world that, tell the world that 
Tell the world that he died for them 
Tell the world that he lives again 

No longer I but Christ in me 
Cause it's the truth that set me free 
How could this world be a better place? 
But by thy mercy, by thy grace "

I just returned from my fifth, yes FIFTH, fall retreat with CCF. Man what a time it was. This song was one of the songs we sang quite a few times, and it was the last song we sang yesterday morning. 
Oh how challenging it's words are. It's such a fun song. So energetic. Yet so true. The thing about it is that we are called to tell the WORLD that Jesus lives. This beautiful redeeming truth is what sets us apart from the rest of the world. And God has called us to tell the WORLD about Him!
This weekend Greg Swinney spoke to us. He's from Nebraska and is a wonderful man of God. He has a heart that is evident for the Nations. He does things I only pray I could have the opportunities to do. He hosts dinners in his home for international students. He knows so many ways to say hello in so many languages. I know how to say hello in two. He can ask questions in so many languages. I can in two. 
Two languages out of SO MANY in the world. 
Through this semester already God has placed a new friend in my life who was a student at Campbell and is now a Grad-student here at ECU. She and I have a lot of people in common, but also have a lot of traits in common. She is a woman who loves the Lord and she has already given me many great challenges in how I live my life out for God. One of those is giving prayerful consideration to where I will be this summer. 
I'm almost certain Summershine is not my calling this summer. I say almost because God has a way of changing plans. 
After this weekend I do feel that God is calling me outside of these American boarders for the summer, and through prayer already I feel God confirming parts of this desire. 
I don't really know what that means for me. I don't know where He has me or what I will be doing but there's a call on my heart to go and share His word. 
I have this knowledge and this eternal destiny and I need to make it known to others so they too can live in eternity with our Father.

No comments: