June 21, 2010

God Said No


For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philipians 4:11-13


A week ago today I was eating lunch and preparing to go to work at the Coffee Shop. Today I am sitting in Rocky Mount praising God for life, for grace, and for His love. 
Last Tuesday I was told that I would be going home on Wednesday morning. 
I will not go into detail because honestly, details are not necessary. 
The desire of my heart was to serve the LORD in South Dakota, but God had other plans. My desires did not line up with what He desired for me. His desire for me right now is to be home growing in his love. 
I had the best 3 1/2 weeks of my life in Hill City, SD with the greatest staff in the world. They are my family and they are still my staff even if I am back across the country from them. Things did not go as planned. My vision there got clouded and my purpose there may have been right but God knew what I needed. Right now His purpose for me is to be in Rocky Mount. 
I had a really hard time with that. But I am now comforted by his peace. 
Thursday after travelling all day Wednesday I headed to Myrtle Beach to finish off vacation with my family. On the way to the beach I pulled off an exit in Lumberton to get food and I T-boned a guy trying to beat me on a left turn as I was going straight. I totaled my Moms car. But I am okay. I may be really sore and bruised but I have a God who was watching out for me. As often as I say it I will say it again...it is what it is. 
I am excited to grow in my faith with my Father. I am excited to see how He wraps His arms around me and teaches me what it is I need to know. 
The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. He has a purpose in every circumstance. He had a purpose for me being in South Dakota for 3 1/2 weeks where I formed relationships that will last a life time. One person is now as close as my best friend...and I love her and am grateful for how God used her in my life while in SD and will continue our friendship when she returns from SD. We celebrated our birthdays together in SD and that was my last night there. It was the best night of my life. 
I love my Lord and I have no hard feelings towards anyone. Things happen. Life goes on. God is constant. 

No comments: