June 13, 2010

Crazy hair, skit shows, and putz n glo...


Make for crazy times at the Mt. Rushmore KOA. It has truly been a crazy, amazing, God filled week. We have had our extreme lows...and our extreme highs....We have been humbled and broken, and God has shown through.
I've been here 3 weeks tomorrow and sometimes it truly feels longer. Not because I'm not enjoying myself, but because I feel like I've known my staff forever. We have had some very entertaining evenings, some very hard evenings, but all God filled.
Recently God really had to break my pride and bring me to humility. It took me truly spilling out my heart and being honest with my entire staff for me to feel close to them. I had to let go of what was holding me back and press on. I had to be vulnerable and allow my staff to see the rawness of my heart in order to allow my heart to heal. And God is indeed bringing healing.
I absolutely love my staff. I feel as though the unity that may not have been there a week and a half ago is definitely there now. We are brothers and sisters and we are called to be there for each other.
Work is still wonderful. I absolutely love working in a coffee shop where I meet so many amazing people. There are busy moments. There are slow moments. But each moment is a God moment =). This week I met a family originally from Texas. They are strong Christians and they have amazing stories. They stood in the coffee shop for about an hour talking with me a few days ago. They have great God stories. Their 8 year old son is being baptized in a few weeks after choosing to allow Jesus in his heart on his own...and the father was just on life support in April and is now out camping and going back to work next Month.
They brought tears to my eyes with their stories of their faith and God's work.
Truly God is working among us and on this campground and I can't wait to see what He continues to do within the next 8 weeks. We had staff night Thursday night and went to Putz in Glo which is a glow in the dark putt putt place in Rapid City. Tomorrow night is another girls night and I'm excited to see what God does. Thursday our last staff member will get here and we will finally have all 10 of our staff.
God is real. He loves us. He wants nothing more than for us to draw near to Him. I learned that in reading this week. Joel chapter 2 talks about the people crying out to God in prayer and in fasting and truly opening themselves up to Him. It's a clear reminder of how God does not allow His children to hurt. If we truly come before the LORD in complete humility and ask Him for healing and grace...He WILL provide! He is providing and will continue...because He is God and I'm only human =)
Til next time...


No comments: