June 26, 2010

Faith to Believe...

"Give me all the love and peace To end these wars. Give me something sacred, Something worth fighting for.
It's clear enough to me, The ugliness I see, Is evidence of who I need.
Give me an answer Give me the way out Give me the faith To believe in these hard times"


I've been home now for a week and a half...and I can't help but smile and praise my Father. Sure, things have been really hard. There have still been shed tears. I still have questions as to what God is doing in my life...but in the midst of the tears and the questions there is a calmness that has over taken my soul. 
I am so excited to see how God is going to continue to work. 
Wednesday morning I woke up and drove to Greenville where I had breakfast with two very important people in my life. The two women's ministry assistants of our Campus Ministry. One of them is moving back to her home in Indiana in a couple of weeks, and then to serve our Father in Africa indefinitely starting in March. When I left a month ago I saw her and cried because in my head it was the last time I would see her for a really long time. Now, I rejoice because not only did I get to see her but I got to receive a super huge hug that she'd been waiting to give me for a couple of weeks now =). It was wonderful to sit over coffee and talk with her and the other women's minister as we spoke of the Lord's will in all of this situation. 
We talked about what God has been doing in their lives, and how He taught them while in Dearbourn, MI last week. We talked of what I'm learning in the current circumstances...and we prayed together as sisters. It was a moment of unity, and a moment of peace. 
From there I drove to Myrtle Beach where I spent time with the Summershiners there. It was great to spend time with them, and see how God is moving on that campground. I prayed before I left that it was a good decision to go. I believe part of me really just wanted to get away, and the other part heard God say it's okay. But God also knew that in the midst of the fun my heart would hurt because I am done with Summershine for the summer. 
In the midst of my heart hurting I was able to have a conversation with one of the Myrtle Beach Summershiners that was really encouraging and very helpful to the current situation. God was able to use someone I don't know very well to show me that HE can and will work in all things. All things work together for the glory of God. He was able to show me that even strangers deal with the same situations. The summershiner I spoke with was able to learn compassion for a family member because of a similar situation. 
Things are working together. God is doing great things. In the midst of heartache, there is healing. It may seem as though life is getting in the way, but God never has obstacles. 
I have had very encouraging conversations. I have had struggles because of other conversations. But my heart has been open to God's voice. My ears are listening...and I'm ready for the healing to begin...no matter how much it may hurt for the callouses to be open. 
So I ask my readers (whoever you may be) to be in prayer. 
That is all =) 

No comments: