June 08, 2010

And the roof came crashing in...


It has literally been quite an interesting week. God has been trying to teach me a lot, and unfortunately I have been ignoring Him. Yesterday made two weeks since I've been here and I've already experienced so many emotions. Thankfully I have an amazing Assistant AD who has reminded me quite a bit of God's purpose here.
Side walk Prophets has a song called "The Words I would Say" and I have the chorus on a note card from Kathryn.
"Be strong in the Lord and,Never give up hope,You're going to do great things,I already know,God's got His hand on you so,Don't live life in fear,Forgive and forget,But don't forget why you're here,Take your time and pray,These are the words I would say"
This songs meaning finally hit me yesterday. One, God has me here for a great purpose. He has our entire staff here for a great purpose and even if we are not seeing it right now He will reveal it in His timing. Two, I realize Kathryn meant this when she handed me the note card with this on it.  She wants me to truly understand God's purpose for me here.
Work has been interesting. I meet a lot of really interesting people. And the roof...really did come crashing in. I was closing up work a few nights ago and I went into the closet to get the mop and the ceiling (including the light) came crashing down on me. I was fine and I'm thankful but for some reason I had a revelation of the week. Everything felt like it was crashing down. Things have been going on that have been really difficult at some points, but I've come out unscathed for the most part. God's got me and I'm alright.
Yesterday we had a Marshmallow capture the flag game. It was quite interesting to say the least. We have had 1 staff night...girls nights...and it's been fun. Last nights girls night was really great. We did a prayer walk around the campground. Literally, all the way around the campground. It was amazing and beautiful.
God does have His hand on all of us. He's working. And we will do great things. =)



No comments: