May 30, 2010

First day of work down...and God is GREAT

Yesterday was my first official day of work at the coffee shop. Honestly I started yesterday in the best mood! I woke up with a smile on my face, I was perky all day, and God was working in my heart.
Instead of being down about things not necessarily going the way I wanted them to I realized I can be joyous in what God has given me. And He's given me great opportunities.
The coffee shop is amazing...and it has given me already great opportunities to share with the people on the campground why I am so happy and why I am here all the way from NC.
I absolutely love the coffee shop. It is so much fun, but it's definitely exhausting. I ended yesterday with my feet and my back killing me but still with a smile on my face. I seriously met so many amazing people just in the coffee shop. Some from Germany, some from Canada, some from Austria. The guy from Austria lived a year in Durham which made me really happy and it started up a conversation.
This morning we had our first chapel service. It was really random but really good. We had a great turnout and Mike did a great job with the sermon on Worship.
Now it's day number two of work...for now I will relax and worship Jesus some with music...and then I'm off to my 8 hour shift. Ibuprofin will be taken. =)

No comments: