May 25, 2010

His Power is perfect in my Weakness

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

I am finally in South Dakota and it has been a whirl wind of emotions. I feel absolutely weak, and useless right now because I'm so entirely exhausted. We haven't started "Summershine" quite yet because our manager thought we weren't arriving until tonight, so we don't have orientation and paper work until tomorrow. I feel like I am not supposed to be here...and that is the devil speaking lies to me. God is reminding me of the verse above...HIS power is made perfect in my weakness. I am proud to be weak because God can work through me. I don't want to be arrogant, I don't want to think that I am stronger than my God.

We didn't arrive to South Dakota until about 10:30 last night (12:30 Eastern Time) and then we had to go to Wal Mart...needless to say I was awake 21 hours before finally sleeping for about 4 hours because I couldn't sleep.
I will not complain because God has purposes for everything...and complaining about being exhausted will get me no where. I want to serve my Father ultimately to Glorify Him.

There are things in my life that I am already learning to cut out of my life. Pointless conversation being one of those things. I want nothing more than my life to be glorifying to God...and that means if I'm wasting air just to talk, it's pointless. This morning the Lord took me to 1 Corinthians 14...specifically Verse 19. "But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue" This passage is focusing on speaking in tongues, and even though I am not speaking in tongues the main focus there is that if no one can understand the tongues, then why speak them? Well if my talk is not glorifying to God why talk?

God will continue to teach me.

Tonight we are hoping to go to Mt. Rushmore and out to dinner...tomorrow morning starts the week!

No comments: