May 24, 2009

1 day down...and already injured!

Heyo! I arrived in Williamsburg Friday evening and I must say I fell in love as soon as I got here. I love this camp ground. I love my co workers. I love love love how God is already working! Friday night we had a flashlight peanut hunt for the kids on the camp ground. It was SO MUCH FUN to see these kids joyfilled expressions as they hunted for PEANUTS. Haha. It's like "O Okay Peanuts" but no...these kids are like "MOM! LOOK! PEANUTS!"--it's awesome.
Saturday morning we awoke and did an activity again. We helped the kids make beaded neclaces and braceletts. We had such an amazing turn out and I realize how open I was already being with the parents and the kids about talking about God with them. It was so awesome. I worked yesterday 1:00-basically 11:00. I was supposed to get off at 9:00 but then Rudy and Myself helped Matt with bathrooms. There's nothing like cleaning up bath houses on a camp ground and everything's going smoothly, then all of a sudden a toilet decides to overflow and there's urine filled water all over the floor. YUM! Haha. Rudy and I had to clean up the snack shop by the pool yesterday which took quite a few hours because the shop hadn't been opened in a year. There was DUST everywhere!

Now...how did Brittany manage to get injured? I'm a clutz. That's how. Haha. I'm hoping yesterday is not a sign of what's to come for me. I left from eating dinner in our office and I apparently missed the bottom step leaving the office and tripped. Let's just say I bled for about a mile as I went back to the pool to find the first aid kid. Of course I WOULD be the one to get hurt the first day on the job. It's okay though, I am def surviving and filled with the Joy God has given me. Today I work again at 1:00 at the snack shoppe and there will be activities going on around again. An Ice cream social at 1:00....games at 4:30...a movie at 8:30....all of which I will miss for work but I am here to shine the light of Christ and THAT is what counts. I can't express how, as tired as I already am, I am ENERGIZED by my heavenly father. Here's to the next two months!

No comments: