May 14, 2009

Oh Love me!-and right now-HOLD ME TIGHT!

So I realize I haven't actually "blogged" in a while. I've been busy...and I've lost interest in writing. The past few weeks have been really hectic. They have been very busy with finishing school and just trying to keep my sanity. I can't begin to explain everything that has been going on in my life, but I can only say God is faithful and He loves me despite my down falls. I've struggled with all my might and tried as hard as I could to ignore God, and yet He's stayed right by my side...and gently whispered in my ear until I finally heard Him.
Next Friday I am leaving for Williamsburg, VA and I will be there until July 31st working with an organization known as "Summershine". It was started in 1979 by Pastor Chris Thore and it has blossomed in the past 30 years. I will be employed by the Kamp Ground of America (KOA) and will be working as a "summershiner" in order to Shine Christ's love throughout the camp site. I will be working along side 8 other people in order to make Jesus known to the people who are staying on the campsite. I am so excited to see how God is going to use each of us. We have a great team of people who have somewhat already grown close in the past few weeks. We had orientation in April and I have talked to a lot of the other staffers in the past few weeks. The assistant Activities Director and myself have already grown extremely close...I know that God is going to use us all in magnificent ways this summer. My patience will most certainly be tested but with God by my side I will most certainly perservere.

Tonight the assistant Activities Director told me to read Psalm 119:83-104. I won't post all of it but I will say that the jest of it is talking about God's great love for us. Through trials and tribulations God's word stands firm. Through everything going on in our lives...God is always there. When we feel like we've been knocked down and we can not make it anymore, God gives us that extra boost of energy to keep going. When we are being tested...God loves us enough to help us pass. O what a MIGHTY God we serve!

No comments: