May 27, 2009

Wait...What's my name again?

So I have been here in Williamsburg for a little less than a week and I am absolutely in LOVE with my job! I love being with these girls and getting to know them. I love running into families and talking to them, and then later on they come up and want to talk with us about things. I LOVE seeing fourteen year old boys with manners who say "yes ma'am" even though I'm only a few years older than they are. This job is amazing. It's exhausting, yes, but it's well worth it.
God is definitely working in our staff. We are all so close already. We love each other and we're breaking down walls already in order to be there for one another. We already have inside jokes (hints the "what's my name again")--and we have a lot of fun joking around and hanging out when we can.
Yesterday was my day off and I spent a lot of my day reading. I was able to take a nap and then I spent a lot of time in 1 Corinthians. It was really great to be able to spend time with God, and not have to worry about going in to work. I work today 1-9 and then I'm off again tomorrow and I am pretty sure tomorrow I'm going to spend time off the camp site reading and spending time away. I can not begin to explain how much this job is already changing me. Please continue to pray for us. God is definitely our energy here when things start to get tough--but overall, we have an amazing job doing what we love...bringing God's people closer to Him. =)

No comments: