February 25, 2008

Is God simply a convenience?



So the past few days I've done a lot of thinking. I was really having a hard time with some things...and just feeling like crap...feeling like sometimes people are only friends with me when it's convenient.


But this morning as I was doing my quiet time I was praying and I was writing in my journal...and I realized it had been over a week since I'd done my quiet time. And as I was apologizing to God for not spending time with Him, something popped into my head--I spend time with God when it's convenient for me.


It's like God is trying to teach me something....the way I feel sometimes about my friends....is the way He feels all the time with us. A lot of the time I do only make God a convenience. I pray when I have time. I read when it's good for me. And as much as I get my feelings hurt for feeling like a convenience....God is hurt by us also.


It's just cool sometimes how God can show us things when we're being so self-centered. I was being selfish and It was all about "me me me"--but God said "wait a minute....it's really about me! The CREATOR of YOU"


And to add on to all of this...today in my Beth Moore study it talked about God's timing being perfect....And indeed...God's timing IS perfect.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Great post! I catch myself doing this sometimes too, especially when I get swamped with tests and other life events. One thing I have done is use post it notes and put it in my notes and text book just a reminder to have sometime with God before I begin studying.