February 24, 2008

A childs love is unconditional....so it seems




I love my nephew. Honestly....I do. He is my buddy. I don't say that because I am related to him, or because I'm supposed to love him....I say it because he's 2 years old and yet he understands the concept of what love is. Kind of. I wish I could be there more often to play with him and spend time with him because I'm realizing how fast kids grow up. It seems like just yesterday my nephew was learning to crawl...now it's like everytime I come home he's added another word to the length of his sentences and his conversation. It amazes me how much he picks up and how SMART he is. His memory is exceptional. Then my two nieces are 6 and 7 months old which is INSANE. I mean....they were just new borns and now....they're sitting up and smiling and playing with toys and it is CRAZY to me. Being in college kind of sucks when it comes to moments where I can see my nieces and nephew grow up.


Today though....my nephew came over and he ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug I've ever had....then he saw that I was getting ready to go somewhere so he said "where ya goin britt?" and I told him Greenville and he said "I want to go to Greenville too"....and when I told him he couldn't this time he said, "but britt I want to go with you"....O my goodness how much that broke my heart. I would have brought him with me in a heartbeat if I didn't have to babysit other kids....He's almost 3 years old and I love him dearly. He's someone who I know loves me...because I am his aunt...but because he just loves me. He doesn't have to have a reason. I don't have to prove anything to him. He loves me because he just does.


I wish life really were that simple...and love really were that easy as we got older.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it is unconditional and i think the reason why is because they havn't been exposed to the real world. i like your blog its pretty cool.
check out my new blog and tell me what you think of it.