January 02, 2011

I'm giving in to something Heavenly

I have never been a fan of New Years eve, or day. To me it's just another day. But it's a day full of resolutions that quickly go down the drain.
Which is why this year, I chose not to make resolutions. I chose to make commitments to my Savior. I chose to make life-change.
2010 was one of the hardest years of my life. Full of a lot of disappointment, but also a lot of reconciliation.
I never get emotional with a new year. Like I said, to me it's just another day...but this New Years Eve, as the clock struck 12 and I sat in a church building listening to people lift up praises to our King, tears started to flow down my face. Not sad tears. Not disappointed tears. Relieved, happy, joyful tears.
I know I was exhausted so that probably had a lot to do with the emotion as well, but I felt relieved to start a new year. I felt relieved to think about all God brought me through in 2010...because He brought me through a lot, and taught me a lot, and He saved me from a lot.
2010 brought sadness, heartache, stress, anger, but it also brought new friendships, redemption, happiness, joy, smiles...it brought every emotion.
I know 2011 won't be perfect. I know there will still be some heartache. I know God will bring me through more...and that's exactly what makes me excited. To know that I can go through things with God.
I am excited to see the new me God is molding. I'm excited to have more accountability time with a close friend and see how God teaches the both of us in the coming months. I am excited to give over my life to God and allow Him FULL control. I'm not going to hold back. Insecurities have flooded me, and insecurities will leave...because God's got me =)
He painted me a picture in Norfolk on New Years eve, to remind me of His glory.
Happy New Year =)

No comments: