January 18, 2011

I don't want to let go

I haven't blogged since the beginning of the new year...
A little update:
My Granddaddy had his surgery last Monday and is doing wonderfully. They took out his gallbladder, and the mass was actually a mass of fatty tissue. No kidney problems praise the Lord! He has 22 staples, and is supposed to go back to the Dr this week sometime to have those taken out.
Classes so far are going well. I have 1 on Monday and Wednesday and 1 on Tuesday/Thursday and then 2 online. I actually have 5 classes but Monday/Wednesday is a combined class and practicum.
We got back to school and I, along with a couple other friends, threw my dear friend Josh Pake a going away party. He is such a great guy who has done so much for CCF, and he deserves to know He is appreciated. One thing Josh absolutely loves is his ukulele...so, my friend Ryann and I made him a Ukulele cake for his surprise party =)
 The cake was a Devils food cake with vanilla icing. The Ukulele is chocolate frosting as the outline, and a mint fudge oreo cookie as the "hole" in the ukulele...the strings are Twizzlers, and the color of the Ukulele is crushed up butterfinger. I was pretty impressed with our work!



The night of the surprise party Ryann, Wes, and I had Josh meet us for dinner. I took Josh's cake and a picture book over to a friends house, and then about 20 people went to the campus house before us. They all filled out cards to put in his picture book, and after              dinner we told Josh we wanted to go play the Wii at the Campus House. We got there and the lights were off and the door was locked, and much to Josh's surprise when Josh unlocked the door there were about 20 people there shouting surprise :). It truly was great, and I know Josh felt appreciated.

As far as the rest of life goes, God is definitely teaching me to let go of some things. My pride is getting in my way. I want to hold on for dear life to everything I want control over, and he's saying "No my child, let me have it". School, relationships, health...everything. It is hard. He's breaking my pride, and making this stubborn child of His fall to her knees. 
I'm excited to see how this semester goes. I'm excited to see where God leads, and to hear how He speaks, regardless of if I want to let go of anything. 

No comments: