July 02, 2010

Perfect strangers...and being set free

"You came only yesterday. And today shall I make you wander about with us, when I do not know where I am going? Go back, and take your countrymen. May kindness and faithfulness be with you." 2 Samuel 15:20


I have never seen such kindness from people who don't even know me until recently. Particularly last night. I was at Barnes and Noble looking at Beth Moore books and also talking to a close friend on the phone about things going on in my life...when I got off the phone this kind woman came up to me with a Beth Moore book and started pointing out other books that were great for my circumstances. She said she couldn't help but overhear some of my conversation. She introduced herself to me and gave me a huge hug. 
Normally eaves droppers annoy me. But this lady was a blessing. She wasn't being nosy, she was being concerned. She does not know me, but she knows I am a sister in Christ...and she chose to be kind to a fellow believer. This was encouraging and something I really needed. 


I bought "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. It has six parts to it which I will take the next six weeks to complete. I started today and I will go through each day chapter by chapter. It's already an encouragement to see how God will work. I am taken captive by my sin, but God is willing to set me free. 

No comments: