April 25, 2010

Cutting myself Off

"He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes"~ John 15:2

I have already stated that this summer I am going to Mt. Rushmore, SD to do Summershine. I've spent a lot of time lately praying and thinking on what I can do as my short term goal while in SD. I know that God has me in Mt. Rushmore for a reason. I was terrified at first, and a little disappointed that I wasn't going to be closer to home, but recently it has hit me that this is a grand opportunity for me to truly get to know God on a deeper level.
I will be far away from anything that has hindered me for the past year. I will be away from the distractions in my life, and I will be in the middle of God's beauty.
In order to really grow in God and to truly be completely there I want to really cut myself off from the world I am constantly surrounded by. In doing so I think this will really strengthen my relationship with God and really allow me to build relationships with the people I will be living with.
It has been a hard choice but I think the best thing for me this summer will be for me to keep my phone off almost 24/7. Meaning I may turn it on for a couple of hours on my DAY off but I will not keep it on. I want to be completely in South Dakota. I don't want to be partly still in NC where my family is. Also, I will not be getting on facebook. I will blog, and I will update my blog with a picture or two, but I will not be distracted by the outside world.
In doing so I know this will be a summer of growing, learning, and pruning.

No comments: