May 16, 2011

An amazing semester ended...and a new summer has begun

Ooo where to begin...
I just ended my 10th, yes 10th, semester in college. It had it's up and downs...but over all this school year in general was one of the best years of my life.
Despite my frustrations with being in school for so long, I think I've come to realize why God has me here still...and that is because I finally figured out who I am and I made amazing friends who I never would have met other wise. I was able to spend another semester with CCF, and meet new people who I honestly believe are life-time friends.
I finished the semester with a job that I never thought I would have again--Fred's Food club. It isn't working with Children and I have to work with annoying customers almost every day--but it's a job that I am blessed to have.
I made Dean's list again, proudly--even though I thought I was on the road to Chancellor's list this time around.
Life's not perfect--but  no one's is...yet I praise my God for the life He's given me.
Because of another year in school I became friends with one of our Freshman girls....Lauren. She's a wonderful person that I am  blessed to know and I look forward to the coming semester that I will get to help her plan events for CCF...she lives in Norfolk, VA and this weekend I was able to go up and visit her and go to the Greek Festival with her and her family.
I left work Saturday evening at 7 and got to her house around or close to 10...we stayed up until 4 a.m Sunday morning talking about life, and God...and then got up for church and ventured to the Greek fest where we had amazing food and a great time. We left the Greek fest and had a lazy Sunday afternoon watching "Glee" and then going to the local coffee shop with her brother where we had amazing coffee and played chess and checkers for a few hours before we headed back to her house and talked more and watched "The Princess Bride" with her family--ending our night talking again until about 2 A.M...the fact that our conversations usually always revolve around what God's doing is what makes our friendship awesome. Her family is awesome and they're a blessing to visit.
I look forward to more visits to Norfolk this summer, while I still live in Greenville and work and pray for God to show me why I am in Greenville for the summer instead of serving him elsewhere. I know He is sovereign and He has a purpose for all things. =)

To end with some pictures from the weekend

Yummy Greek Food (Gyro, Greek beans and rice)
Lauren and I enjoying our yummyyyyy Greek Food
Yummy Loukoumades cooking and then being eaten by US! They are fried bread with honey, sesame seeds, and cinnoman. 

Borjo Coffee, and Lauren and I enjoying it =)


No comments: