June 19, 2009

A Summershine Birthday and more

I have to say that in the past four weeks I have built relationships that I know are going to last the rest of my life...and NOT just with the Summershiner's. The camper's these past few weeks have been absolutely amazing. We had a couple of families last week who were the sweetest people we have ever met. This week we have Cody and Dawson who are some pretty cool kids, and I think Cody may just do summershine next summer. Honestly, I can't imagine God placing me anywhere other than here this summer. I am learning so much. I am growing in my walk with God and learning to be reliant ultimately on Him. I am learning how to really be a sister in Christ to my other brother's and sister's in Christ. I've been here four weeks and I have already decided to extend my contract to the middle of August. I have never been happier, or felt more of a sense of family than I do right now with these people. My birthday was this past Tuesday and the Summershiner's made me feel like a million bucks. At midnight Monday evening they sang happy birthday to me and Jeb and Liz gave me a birthday gift, then Tuesday evening when I got off work we celebrated with Sparkling white grape juice and my favorite cake, Strawberry with cream cheese icing. Yes, I celebrated turning 21 sober and it was the best birthday I have ever had.
I'm learning to be vulnerable....I'm learning to give up myself in order to Make God bigger. This place is amazing and I can not begin to describe the things that God is teaching me =)

No comments: