November 26, 2008

Starting Thanksgiving Off early with a little Thanks

Thanksgiving is tomorrow...I can not believe it has been another year. I really feel like this year just flashed before my eyes. It brought forth a lot of blessings. I don't think it should take a Holiday for us all to realize what we are thankful for, but in the feel of the Holiday I want to make a list of the things I am thankful for...and I encourage others to do the same

1. The never-ending Grace that my Heavenly Father has given me
2. Two parents who take care of me when I do not deserve half of what they give me sometimes
3. My brothers and their wives...for putting up with me even though I am unbearable at times
4. My nieces and nephew...need I say more?
5. The few great friends I have that I feel like are more than just my friends...but they are family
6. My Grandparents...who raised me to know God...and who love me with a great amount of love.
7. An education, and the opportunity to further my education that I take advantage of most of the time

This list could go on and on...there's so much I have been blessed with in my life...and without God none of it would be possible. I know Thanksgiving is traditionally a North American Holiday or an American Holiday...but it's more than that...To me it's about taking time and realizing what I've been given in my lifetime as a child of God...not just a Citizen.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: